Our client is one of the world leading manufacturers for liquid chemical dosing and gas compressing technologies among various industries. The family business was established 1945 and is based in Germany. They operate subsidiaries in the United Kingdom, South Africa and Spain as well as a close network of distributors across the globe. As a provider of sustainable quality products and solutions many customers in the municipal water supply, food and beverage production, oil and gas industry trust in their expertise. Due to continued growth a fantastic opportunity has arisen to join a motivated and young sales team.
National Sales Manager M/F
After an onboarding process and training period you will become responsible for the UK sales and the UK sales team.
In your function you will introduce the company and its products to new potential customers and maintain a healthy relationship to our broad existing customer database on a regular basis.
Based from their office in Peterborough you will clarify the enquiries with the customers and advise the best solutions to their applications. You will prepare the quotation and technical solutions according to their needs and demands and negotiate commercial terms for orders.
In order to sell their solutions you will mostly deal with project engineers, sales engineers, field service technicians and buyers on a daily basis. Main applications range from water treatment in the effluent water conditioning, drinking water disinfection and cleaning in place (CIP) in the food industry.
As the manager of highly motivated and young self-driven sales team you will develop strategies to further grow the local business with the team and to meet the future targets. The Sales Manager will be responsible for the annual budget planning, the customer and sales area planning as well as the UK budgets. This will be in close communication with the local UK sales team and the executive management in Germany.
- Experienced Sales Engineer, Field Sales Executive, Area Sales Manager, Sales Manager or similar with a sales track record for engineering products in the B2B environment.
- Experienced with pumping systems and chemical dosing pumps in particular including related ancillary equipment or as a packaged solution are preferable but not mandatory.
- Experience to lead and motivate a small sales team is desirable.
- Self-driven and highly motivated individual with a business developer mentality who likes to approach new contacts, companies and applications.
- Intrinsic entrepreneurial drive to steadily grow the local business opportunities.
- Fundamental interest in technical processes to understand the applications of our clients and to be able to advice on the best solution.
- Ideally you are a graduate Engineer, but any other candidate will also be considered with a proven track record on sales of engineering products.
- Good organisational skills to keep the focus of the team on the targets you have set.
- You are a team-player and a confident communicator.
- Willingness to travel within the UK and Ireland several days per week to visit customers and occasionally abroad to the headquarter in Germany for meetings.
- Ideally you are located around Birmingham, Leicester or Peterborough but also candidates from other parts of the country will be considered.
- Microsoft Office skills mandatory, experience with CRM and ERP systems favourable.
- Full UK driver license
Please call Adrian Browning at Executive Sales Recruitment on 0870 742 4506 or send your cv via the apply button.