Account Director – Home Based
Our client has become world renowned for designing and manufacturing products that function beyond expectation.
Home based: able to travel to London and other areas within the UK.
Reporting to the Sales Director this newly created position is responsible for managing and developing a major national account (Head Office in London). With an excellent track record in developing sales, you will maximise our sales and development of the RW brand with our client. You will be charismatic and resourceful; a self-starter who has an aptitude for building relationships at all levels. A skilled negotiator and strategic thinker who enjoys the commercial side of sales and confident with working at the highest levels with our major client.
Strategic Business Advisor
- Actively participate in the company sales strategy.
- Ability to understand and anticipate the client’s existing and future needs in depth and communicate this within team.
- Develop compelling solutions to client issues.
- Tap into the wider resources and skills within the organisation to develop client/partner solutions.
- Bring fresh insight to the client’s business that will help them deliver a competitive advantage.
- Develop joint strategies that are mutually beneficial to all partners within the account.
- Focusing on growing and developing their existing key account, together with identifying new opportunities.
- Build and manage internal/external relationships involving all stakeholders and influential bodies.
- Able to build relationships with people at all levels in the organization.
- Manage the client contact matrix ensuring that all potential points of contact and influence are being served appropriately.
- Ability to build trust in all stakeholders and influence Research and Development, manufacturing, logistics and administrative functions
- Acts like a Business Manager being fully conversant with financial and strategic planning tools, including profit and loss and other accounting conventions.
- Retaining overall responsibility for reporting the profit and loss and growth achieved in the Key Account.
- Responsible for setting of and deliverance of Key Business metrics; turnover, profit, products portfolio etc.
- Allocate resources and track their performance; make adjustments as necessary to achieve the plan.
- Needs a solid grounding in business and general management skills.
- Produce and maintain accurate records
- Build and lead cross functional teams that are able to anticipate and deliver solutions to meet client requirements.
- Motivate and set task direction for team members without direct hierarchical control.
- Communicate strategy and direction effectively across the team, both in own and clients organization.
- Involve the team in the creation of the client plan. Maintaining the motivation of the team.
- Act as the key interface between the customer and all relevant divisions.
- Effectively balance time between the team, organisation and client requirements
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Proven success in National Account Management / Account Director at the highest level.
- Strong commercial background.
- Resourceful together with a can do attitude.
- Highly organised, possessing a high level of planning and strategising skills.
- Outstanding communicator; able to work comfortably across all levels of the business.
- Excellent presentation skills; ability to present solutions, persuade and negotiate.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Highly self-motivated.
- Excellent networking skills; ability to build relationships quickly.
- Fully computer literate; Outlook, Word, Excel and Powerpoint.
- Flexible approach; willing to travel.
Benefits & Additional Information
Bonus Scheme (See terms)
Pension Scheme with Standard Life
Life Assurance: 2 times salary
Holidays: 24 plus 8 Bank Holidays
A full UK Driving Licence
Please call Executive Sales Recruitment on 0870 742 4506 or send your cv via the apply button